UK Surface Dressing Services
Using tar and chip for road surfacing is often a great way to improve or repair a road surface. Its natural look is much more appealing than asphalt and allows the tar and chip to integrate into more natural surroundings.
For larger jobs we use state of the art computer controlled tar and chip feeders. This has a one pass surface dressing system which allows the chips to be fed onto the hot tar binder within 1 second of its application. This means the binders (tar) have had virtually no time to lose any of its heat, greatly increasing the bond of the tar to the existing surface and the new stone chip.
UK Road Surface Dressing Experts
UKRS is one of the UK's leading independent road surfacing companies. We specialise in high quality Tar & Chip applications that you can truly depend on.
With many years of experience, every one of our services is carried out in a professional manner, within budget and with minimal disruption to the surrounding homes and businesses. If you are experiencing any issues with your UK road surfaces, contact us for a rapid, cost effective 24/7 solution.
Some of the advantages to surface dressing in the UK
- Seals the road surface against water ingress which is known to be one of the major causes of asphalt pavement deterioration.
- Arrests the deterioration of the road surface and underlying road pavement structure.
- Restores the necessary level of skid resistance to the road surface with the resultant benefits of the reduction of skid-related traffic accidents.
- Enables worn-out road surfaces to last longer thereby increasing the time when structural maintenance is required.
- Helps to reduce spray caused by vehicles traveling on wet roads.
- Maximises the cost-effectiveness of limited highway maintenance funds.
Proper attention to design and execution has provided surface dressing lifetimes well in excess of 10 years, even on very heavily trafficked sites.